Father’s Day is a relatively modern holiday to celebrate the contribution that your own father has made to your life. Different families have a range of traditions. Father figures can include fathers, step-fathers, fathers-in-law, grandfathers and great-grandfathers and even other male relatives. Common Father’s Day gifts include sports items or clothing, electronic gadgets, outdoor cooking supplies and tools for household maintenance. Why not stop and get him some product for his hair or a gift certificate for a haircut? Come in this week and grab something for your father and let us know it’s for your dad and we will give you 20% off items for him—THIS WEEK ONLY!
In search of the perfect Father’s Day activity? We have brainstormed some ideas to help you in your quest. We’ve thought of activities both traditional and unconventional, indoors and outdoors, relaxing and extreme. Whether your pops is passionate for sports, music, or the outdoors, there are many options to choose from. As long as you are spending quality time with dear old dad, his day of appreciation is sure to be a success.
- Take your dad out for ice cream. Every father has a favorite ice cream place.
- Root, root, root for the home team! Take your old man out to the ball game. Buy him a bag of peanuts and let him yell all he wants.
- Prepare your dad’s favorite food. Whether he likes chicken enchiladas or a yummy steak, look up a recipe online and give it a whirl. (see recipe’s below)
- Let your dad have the remote! Sometimes a great Father’s Day can be as simple as sitting down on the couch and letting him pick the channels.
- Throw your dad a barbecue! Family cookouts are a classic way to celebrate Father’s Day. Throw some burgers on the grill, stock the fridge with his favorite drinks and let him kick back. (See recipe’s below)
- How about taking him out for 18 holes. There’s nothing more relaxing on a June afternoon than playing a game of golf. Why not let him win, too!
- Have a picnic! For families with young children, this is a perfect Father’s Day activity. Pack his favorite lunch and pick a peaceful spot, your dad is sure to appreciate this stress free activity.
- Dig out all the home movies and watch them with the family. Thank him for all those special childhood memories, that’s what Father’s Day is all about.
Here are some fun recipe’s to try for the special father in your life!
For more fun ideas, check out my Pinterest Board for Father’s Day!