Now that summer is here, we tend to think about another hairstyle. With the warm weather, you might be thinking of cutting your hair shorter. Shorter hair can be cooler, sometimes edgy, and unique. You can definitely define your personal style with a short hair style. Are you ready for the plunge?
Before you do that, you need to take a few things into consideration. When you get your hair cut short, you will want to keep it maintained. That will mean getting it cut every 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks, the style starts to look shaggy. Plan your budget accordingly.
1. Know what you want. Be sure to work with your stylist on the best hairstyle for your bone structure. Not all short hair styles work with all facial features, hair textures, maintenance and overall desired look.
2. Bring a photo of what you want. If you are making a drastic change, you will want to show your stylist what you are thinking and let them give you their recommendations. Sometimes what you are thinking, is not what we are thinking! “Your short” may not be the same as “our short” and vice versa.
3. Unlike long hair that you can pull back into a ponytail or a bun, you need to style short hair every day.
4. Short hair may require more hair care products. You will want to spend money on good quality products to give your hair the best results. Products are a key factor into maintaining a great cut.
5. Play with your new haircut. Try different looks. Even though it’s short you can still do different styles or use different hair accessories.
6. Put your new look together with clothes and makeup that goes with your new hair style. Short hairstyles can show more of your ears and necks. Find some fancy earrings to show off your ears or a shirt that shows your neckline.
We all are living busy lives these days. Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day….but then I think I would just be going non-stop for that many more hours. So I don’t think it would be better with more hours! Katie and I are taking a few days off this week with the 4th of July falling on Thursday. I find it hard to relax because I don’t really ever do it! But the end of this week and weekend I am going to try to. This is probably going to be the only time we get to go camping this year because we have so many weddings this summer! I got all my cooking and baking done on Monday so I am almost ready to head out Wednesday evening! I thought it was fitting to talk about how to relax and calm ourselves down! Hope you guys enjoy a relaxing couple days around the 4th.
Ways to Relax from Stress
Everyone experiences stress at some point in their lives. One’s job or situation does not need to be high-profile for it to be high anxiety for you. The cost of ignoring stress will cause you to show signs of wear and tear. It can range from simple fatigue to obesity or even heart disease. Are you doing everything you can to help your body recover from the effects of stress?
1. Don’t stress eat. Be mindful of what you put in your body. Don’t be impulsive. Start with a glass of water before making a decision of what to eat. This seems to be a hard one for a lot of people, myself included. I LOVE to eat!
2. Let your body recover by sleeping. You know your body. You know how much sleep you need to be comfortable. Stress can cause insomnia. But being sleep deprived, you can’t handle stress as well. It is so important to get a good nights sleep…..on a regular basis. Sometimes that is hard to do, but try as hard as you can to get the same amount of sleep each night.
3. Breathe and meditate. Slow down your anxious mind. Try to block everything out. While trying to block out your day, take a few minutes to breathe. Sit with your back straight, close your eyes and relax your shoulders. Inhale and exhale purposefully for several minutes. Sometimes all it takes is to get our body calmed down and then we can think more clear!
4. Decide if the stress you are dealing with is worth it. While there is stress everywhere, sometimes you can walk away from the situation or talk it out with someone can help you determine if it is even a stress that you need deal with or if you need to rethink some choices you may need to make. I find a lot that we are worrying about things we can not change and not worrying about the things we really can change. Get your focus in the right direction, and it’s amazing how much we can accomplish!