Go Green!!! Earth Day is April 22nd. We are constantly told to Go Green, Recycle, and Save! I am so impressed with myself because I never used to recycle and my mom and sister would get on my butt about it. I’m so glad they did, because it isn’t hard to do it!! All the little things we do sure make a difference. Here are a few simple ideas to Go Green:
- Energy. Install compact florescent light bulbs when older incandescent bulbs burn out.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Install a low-flow shower head.
- Use less Gas. Walk, bike or carpool to work.
- If you do drive, combine all your errands for the week in one trip.
- Buy locally raised, humane and organic meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
- Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the “energy star” label)
- Stop using bottle water. Install a water filter to purify tap water.
- Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
- Fix leaky faucets.
For a list of more energy saving tips, go here. If we all go a little more green we can make a huge difference!